Monday, July 27, 2009

Monday

Well the day started with trying to sleep in past 7 AM but to no avail as Tom the turkey next door started gobbling around 6:30. After my quiet time and a lite breakfast of fruit I jumped on the bike and headed out to the barber shop. I was the first customer of the day and I was back home before 9. I then pulled the weeds in the garden, took down my beans poles from this past spring and trimmed a couple shrubs before getting ready to head to the rec. for pickle ball at 11. I pedaled to the rec. and it was good to see all my PB friends that I hadn't seen for the past couple of months. The play was fast and furious and several of the player's especially Mary Ann had improved dramatically. I got in 2 good hours of play and hope to return for Thursday session as well.

After PB I headed home in a blazing sun with clear skies and air so thick you could cut it with a knife. I cranked up the mower and did the back yard and finished tidying up the patio area while Nancy picked up all the dead sticks in the front yard. Our neighbor Jim had the yard and shrubs looking good.

Nancy was having the family over for ribs on the grill as well as parsley spuds, cauliflower an Caesar salad. Yumm what a good meal!!! After dinner we sat around watching the Yankees beat up the Rays while Ava entertained us. Everyone took off by 9. Well it turn out to be a dry day here after the morning showed rain clouds. LATER

No comments: