Sunday, July 12, 2009

Saturdy

We did something last we hadn't done in quite awhile and that was watch a movie, The Bourne Identity. Good flick!!! That's probably the main reason I didn't blog last night of course it was after 11 PM before the show was over and I had to shower, yet. The started out with the usual; sleeping in, quiet times, and eating breakfast going on 10 AM with eggs, grits and bacon. I have to start cutting down as Nancy reminded me last night I could play Santa Claus this Christmas. Her cooking is made for eating and man can I do that, no more second helping's.

After breakfast and checking all the gardens and hanging a load of laundry we took off on a long hike to the top. On the way we met 2 other unknown hikers(which is very uncommon)both females who are staying at the Cahoon's. They were wanting to know if they were lost so we sent them up the Rich Hill Road, past snake rock and then past Fred and Brenda's place. We never saw them again as they must have found their way. We were going past their destination but in the opposite direction. We ran into John and Shirley Cottle on the back road and walked with them to their house. We stayed for nearly an hour catching up on them and us, grand kids they have 2 girls as well and just life and health issues. They travel to California and Norfolk, Va quite a bit as their children and grand girls live there. It sure was great to seem and like Nancy and I we are in love with our kids and grand girls.

We got back around 1 PM and had a lite lunch of tomato sandwiches before I headed out to do some yard work. Originally I was going to mow but its still a little dry and the rain was nice but just not enough. I postponed the mowing to next week as we aren't entertaining this weekend. I did weed eat around everything so the yard looked trimmed and neat. I headed down below the garden where I took a 10 pound sledge hammer and knocked out a bunch of stumps; raked limbs, rocks and other debris down into the gully to be burned on a wet day. My shirt was soaked in no time and swinging that sledge gave me a new appreciation for those old timers laying train tracks by hand.

Well we had taken out some rib-eyes for dinner so I fired up the grill and Nancy put a fresh salad together using fresh grown kale and herbs from my garden as well as some rice and peas. What a feast as we sat out on the deck in the shade and watched the hummers vying for their chance at the feeder.After dinner Nancy made some fresh chocolate chip cookies to take over to Ms. Helen's. We st on her front porch that overlooks bullhead mountain and the surrounding pastures. It was a beautiful evening with a nice breeze and it was all I good do to stay awake. We talked and shared for nearly an hour before headed back to the cabin. It was after 8 PM before got home. Nancy flipped(channel surfing) until after 9 when she decided there was nothing on some we put the movie on. Talk at ya LATER.

1 comment:

Jodi said...

I don't even like action movies, but the Bourne ones are pretty good. Glad you liked it.