Monday, July 6, 2009

Monday

Well it sure was an emotional morning as the kids got ready to head back to Florida. Ava was so cute knowing she had to leave the cabin. First she wanted Nancy to read a "big book" and then wanted us to go with them. Of course we were teary eyed and stayed that way every time we found an article she had used or played with or her hair pony. We finally dried up around noon after a good long hike, ride out to the mailbox and visiting with neighbors Jodie and Gabriel. Amy called us several times with their progress which was a bit slow as the last stop count was at 10 stops. I believe they got in around nine or so after leaving from here at 8 AM.

It cleared up as the day wore on and by 3 PM the sun was out after some light rain during the night and some light mist in the early morning. The grass and gardens seem to have been rejuvenated after the last 2 weeks with out an moisture. I checked my 1/2 runner beans and I believe the seed was bad and none came up after the last planting. I think I have 9 hills but about 20 hills of pole beans so I will have some beans but not the good eatin' ones. I will replant as soon as I can find new seeds.

After supper tonight which was mainly left over; green beans, potato's, broccoli casserole and some pintos Jodie shared from her pot from yesterday I found a wanna be pickle ball player and we headed to Roaring Gap Club to play. We played on the paddle ball court which is just a little smaller than a PB court but the floor was a rough aluminum. It was a nice court outside with a great high fence. Ted Smith will become a very good player with a little practice. We sure ran each other for about an hour and a half. The setting was very nice with woods all around. This court is lighted so we can play at night.

After getting back around 8 PM Jodie, Gabriel and Carson came up for domino's. The girls won again with Jodie coming from behind to win on the last 2 rounds. Its not a good year thus far for the boys. Well will close for now, LATER

1 comment:

Jeff said...

Did Ava tell you what I told her to tell you while she was there?