Saturday, July 18, 2009

Friday


Well the day started out with a great promising look of rain and lots of it, but it sure did take a turn and head elsewhere after about a 15 minute shower. I decided after my quiet time and a lite breakfast to get some lime and fertilizer on the back yard before the rain started but in the middle of spreading a rain shower hit us. I was under the trees spreading and even though it rained hard for a few minutes I felt it was worth getting wet to get nutrients to the grass. All of a sudden it stopped the skies turned blue and the sun came out. So that was the end of our severe weather warnings with heavy down pours and hail forecasted. Don't take me wrong about the severe weather we just wanted a little rain.


I had to clean up the wet and limey spreader and golf cart before the sun baked it on. Needless to say it was now time to once again hand water the gardens. The grass with have to wait for another day. By now its time for our morning hike and the day was another beautiful day with bright sunshine and the temps did drop a little after the shower. Once again we made 'lemonade out of lemons"(NOT ORIGINAL) and enjoyed the beauty of the mountains, trees and various paths to hike on. We got back and it was nearly time for lunch so we decided to eat 'mater sandwiches. My lettuce is starting to come in enough to where I picked 8 leaves, a couple scallions and fresh basil & oregano to add to the taste. Wow setting out on the front porch listening to the birds sing (and the occasional barking of our neighbors dogs) is just delightful.


After lunch I worked along the edge of the woods in the back yard creating a new flower garden but really wanting the dirt to spread over my sparse grass in the area. When I cleared the land a couple years ago I failed to remove all of the sub layer of galax growth, roots and debris down to the bare earth so grass has a tough time penetrating this sub layer.I stuck with that for about 3 hours, wet shirt and all before calling it a day. I knew we were heading out to the Luffman's for a sumptuous dinner later in the evening so I had built up a good appetite.


Gerald and Kay set a great table with grilled steaks, spuds, fresh green beans out of the garden, salad, garlic bread and to top that off with homemade strawberry ice cream. Wow, now you know why Nancy say's I'm getting a "Santa Claus belly."We had good eatin' and better yet answering the challenge of "puttin' a whupping" on our game day activites. Needless to say the guys(including Harvey-you know when an imaginary guy whupps ya, you been whupped) whupped up on them in both areas of; Imagine-if and Sequence(I won't mention the score as we don't like to rub it in-HAHA). Draw Kay!!!(inside joke). We played until late in the evening; ate too much, laughed hard and had a marvelous time. Thanks Again Guys!!! LATER


2 comments:

farmrgurl said...

I want a rematch!!!!

Jerry said...

Anytime!! preferrably after another delightful consumption of Andy's delicious ribs.Bring it on!!!