Thursday, July 16, 2009

Thursday

At 4 in the morning I was awakened to rain drops on the tin roof but it lasted for all of about 5 minutes, Yikes we need rain. The skies were cloudy most of the day which made it a good day for working, hiking and initially for playing pickle ball outside. After our quiet times and a lite breakfast of fruit I fed and watered all of the flowers on the porches and deck. I then fed most of my garden plants, weeded and hoed them while Nancy got ready to head out for our morning hike. Wow was it ever beautiful walking in the woods and on top of the mountain. We took an extended hike down thru "devastation"(a clear cut logged area" and back up our steep drive. I did a check on black berries down below the cabin and none of them are turning as of yet.

We came back just at lunch time so we finished the left overs of mac&cheese, green beans and then sliced a couple tomato's. We just love to eat out on the front porch for lunch and on the side deck for dinner when we think of it. Deputy sheriff Ted Smith called so I picked up my neighbor Gerald and we headed out to play pickle ball. The day was just beautiful but when the clouds cleared and the sun came out it got down right hot. We played for an hour and a half and all of us had wet shirts. Next week we are going to play at night as this outside court has lights. Its a beautiful setting and a super court with high fences. It was a first for Gerald and he had some tennis background so he played well for his first time. Ted improved as well as it was only his second time to play the game. Some how I think they will play this game again and maybe teach others as it a fun cardio game. Its played inside as well as outside. The only drawback to pickle ball is it's addicting.

When I came home from playing Nancy had been reading "same kind of different as me"and she was crying. This is a powerful story of how God can match you up with the most unlikely people and use you. It's powerful!!! A must read!!!

Nancy sauteed fresh yellow squash with onions in olive oil, fried up some ham, microwaved 2 sweet potato's and fixed corn on the cob dropped off yesterday by one our neighbors. Fine eating!!! It's sure a good thing I'm on my feet most of the day or I would gain 5 lbs a week.The food at this elevation tastes so good. After washing the dishes(keeps my fingernails clean) we took off on the golf cart for an evening ride while the sprinkler was set. We came back and I noticed the robins were in my wine berry bushes eating my berries so I painted up 2 more black roots to look like black snakes I will place them in the bushes tomorrow to help keep them out of my berries.

Well its been a great day and tomorrow we are going to some friends for dinner. LATER

No comments: