Thursday, September 1, 2011

Wednesday

Well no rain this morning which is nice for a change so after my quiet time and the usual bowl of oatmeal and fruit I pedalled out to the rec for some 2 1/2 hours of pickle ball. We had a good crew and had some great play with wet shirts. Afterwards I stopped off and picked up an unbelievable read titled I AM NUJOOD,AGE 10 AND DIVORCED yikes if that title doesn't stir your interest then nothing will. This takes place in Yemen. Its not a long read but whats there will truly chance your attitude about what takes place in lots of Arab, Muslim countries especially in third world. After the library I headed over to clean out Amy and Tyler's gutters and to check on some trees in their back yard that I may have to trim; depending if their landlord will not do the job.

Amy and the kiddos came for lunch and stayed until it was nap time for all. Nancy and Ava made chocolate chip cookies and Sam and I wrestled. He is such a bundle of energy. After they left I finished up the new read. Nancy made a huge pot of vegetable beef soup for supper, wow did that ever smell good and even on a hot day it was delicious. After supper Nancy and Amy gave the kids a bath and we got ready for house church at the Botbyl's house. We had a good discussion about the ongoing series Bobby is doing with Element then ate some of Nancy cookies and headed home. I once again passed on the cookies but did gorge myself with 3 bowls of soup for supper. Yikes here comes that spare tire again.

I watched the Ray's winning 4-0 over the Rangers into the 8th inning then after my shower turned the lights for the night. It was raining lightly as we left house church so we did get rain today. LATER

No comments: