Friday, September 16, 2011

Thursday

Wake up once again to the dueling roosters at 6 AM but that's when I set the alarm so I'm getting use to their crowing; but its dark out and no sign of daylight, whats with them? After the usual few moments of reflection, giving thanks and lifting up those less fortunate I had my bowl of oatmeal with fruit. I pedalled out about daybreak to the rec for some 2 1/2 hours of pickle ball. We had a small crowd of players with some great play and lots of wet shirts. Afterwards I stopped off at the library for some reads and found a new book titled NO QUARTER. Its about the battle of Petersburg, Virginia during the Civil War when the Yanks tunneled underneath the Rebs position and blew up their fortifications. This author using lots of original dispatches, memoirs and military orders. Yikes what a good read and its goes into the political, social and economic conditions of that time especially with regard to the use of black troops on the battlefield. This is a must read for all you Civil War buffs.

After getting home Nancy and I ran out to do errands and a shopping trip to Sam's Club. They were celebrating their grand opening after a major remodel so we had lunch there as there were food sampling everywhere; pasta with pesto,pizza, brats,cheeses, dips, chips, salsas, drinks, fruit cups and all kinds of cakes cookies etc. I passed on the sweet stuff. Mind you all of these items we sampled were being offered for sale. We bought some frozen Tombstone pizzas that were a great buy and delicious; there goes the spare tire again. We picked up several items for family members as well and dropped them off on the way home.

I needless to say passed on any lunch when we got home so I read the rest of the afternoon until supper. I grilled a couple marinated chicken breast and we had baked spuds and fresh green beans and salad. Good eatin' and thankfully I have at least 2 hours plus everyday to work off this feed on the pickle ball court. We watched the Rays beat the Red Sox(or at least I did) as Nancy flips channels and did her Face book updates. We understand it chilly in the mountains as its down into the 40's at night. Wow would we love to be there but its not looking good as Nancy's dad still can't drive. LATER

No comments: