Friday, September 2, 2011

Thursday

Well the roosters were at it again this early morning but I was awake and ready to go when they started, somehow Nancy managed to sleep through until about 7:15 when I got ready to head out to the rec. After my quiet time and the usual bowl of oatmeal with fruit I rode out for some 2 hours of pickle ball. I had to leave early as I had an appointment at the Ford place to have a recall fixed on the air bags of the truck. We had a good crowd of players and I was able to get in a good work although it was shortened.

I sat at the Ford place for about 2 hours as they replaced the potential problem and started a new read; PINHEADS AND PATRIOTS by Bill O'Reilly. I've read several of his books and he has a real insight into many of the problems that face our country. I like his thought provoking analysis, although on his T.V. show the FACTOR he can be a little brash. Anyhow I got 2 hours of reading in then I headed home for a bite of lunch. Nancy, Amy and the kiddos all went to visit GG and Pap for lunch so I had a couple hours to catch up on some little things.

Nancy fixed salmon cakes, broccoli and yellow rice for supper along with a salad, yumm. It will be lonely here for supper starting Friday as Tyler comes back from a work related convention in Las Vegas. We had another deluge of rain that lasted for several hours with street flooding and there is more rain in the fore cast this next week. At least that cooled us down to the 70's. The Bucs and the Rays are both losing so I'll just turn in for the night. LATER

No comments: