Thursday, September 22, 2011

Wednesday

Well today(Thursday) is a special day for Nancy and I as we will have been or are married for 32 years to each other, Yikes that's quite a spell!!! We have been blessed with 2 great kids and 4 beautiful grand children.

The morning(Wednesday) started out with the usual "fowl wake up" then a few quiet moments and the bowl of oatmeal with fruit before heading out on the bike for a couple hours of pickle ball. We had a small crowd, actually only 3 players for the first 45 minutes or so and that nearly plum wore me out as I hit against 2 other fellers(country for men). Wow what a workout but I needed it as I don't do much physical exercise the rest of the day as its too "dab blame" Hot outside. Wow what I would do for a 60's day. Anyhow after the workout I stopped by the library and picked up a couple new reads especially one about Jefferson Davis, the president of the Confederacy during the Civil War and about Abe Lincoln. The parallelism between the two is amazing and the final hours of what took place between the two leaders and their generals and the story of their wives and kids. It's a great read and I surely have learned lots about both men and their core beliefs about the country.

Nancy and I had lunch together then she took her mom to the hospital for a visit with her dad. He is still in a lot of pain with his knee and legs and now is having trouble breathing so he is back on oxygen. The fact he is 87 years of age is not helping his recovery. They spent the better part of the afternoon with him and then while he was taken for heart tests they left for the day as he was heavily sedated for the pain. Amy was having us all for Tyler's 33 birthday dinner at her house so Nancy, GG and myself went there to eat. She prepared a very nice leg of lamb with mashed potatoes and gravy, green beans and crusty bread, Delicious along with a chocolate cake and ice cream. I broke down again and had a sliver and once again didn't sleep as well as I did the night before; there is something about sweets and me late in the evening.

After supper we took GG home and then came back to watch Survivor and the Ray's baseball game of which they were tied 2-2 when I called it a night. Seems around 10PM I'm ready for the horizontal lab, especially after a great supper and a hot shower. Well keep Pap in your thoughts and prayers as he is in lots of pain with his legs but at least he is where he can get the attention he needs for his conditions. LATER

No comments: