Thursday, September 15, 2011

Wednesday

Well its once again Florida weather with high 90's and humidity but no rain. The yards here in our hood are still draining water as it runs into the street drains and neighbors yards are cut up and mired where many park their vehicles. After my quiet time and the bowl of oatmeal I pedalled out to the rec for 2 1/2 hours of pickle ball. We had a good crowd of players and very little down time in between games. I was ready for 10 AM when we finished.

I pedalled home and decided to work on the back yard gate(chain link) as its been needing adjustments for many moons, so I took it off and WD 40'ed the galvanized nuts and bolts and took it apart and after about an hour I had it back to working properly. Nancy was out birthday shopping for Gabe and Annsley at Toy's are Us so I read until she came home for lunch. Amy and kiddos met with Tyler after picking Ava up at school so we had a quiet lunch. After lunch she took her mother shopping and didn't get back until after 3 so I chilled (as it was too hot outside) reading and napping. I took off when she got home and met up with my financial advisor for a briefing. I enlightened him about our new business adventure with Amway and he was aware of their good products and their sound footing. I was unaware of the benevolence Amway does in the world.

We headed out to neighbors Dan and Carol for our now bi-weekly house church meeting. We did a lite supper of taco salad with everyone bringing something and it was delicious. We had 13 adults and 5 kids. We watched a video by Andy Stanley from the North Pointe Church in Georgia about Who is Jesus? and What happened? Great message especially for those who aren't believers. After getting back around 8:30 I watched the Ray's lose their second game in a row to the last place team in out league, Yikes time is starting to run out on them and their chance to be in post season play. LATER

No comments: