Thursday, September 29, 2011

Wednesday

The Rays are going to the playoffs. What a game last night(Wed) as I turned the TV off at 10 PM and fell asleep with the Rays losing 7-0 to the Yanks. Nancy woke me up a little after 11PM and said the Rays have tied the score in the bottom of the 9th inning, Yikes so of course I watched them win it in the 12th with a homer by Longorian. The Orioles beat the the Soxs in the bottom of the 9th after being down 2 runs and with 2 outs, wow was that ever fun to watch as well. Anyhow needless to say she fell asleep and I pretty much was so hyped up that I tossed and turned the rest of the night. Oh well!!!

The morning was much the usual with a fowl wake up, then my quiet time to lift some very close friends and family up in prayer for healing and my bowl of oatmeal before riding out on the bike to the rec. I did my usual 2 1/2 hours then stopped off for a couple reads at the library before heading home. Nancy was heading out to take her mom to the rehab for a visit with her dad. He is progressing somewhat as they had him standing again during P.T. and the swelling has dissipated in his legs. That is a good start but he has a long way too go before being able to be at home and even then he may need some outside assistance. Keep him in your thoughts and prayers.

Nancy got back from her visit then we ran a few errands but it still was in the 90's again and just too hot to do much outside so I read the afternoon away before we had supper. After eating we got ready for house church at the Botbyl's(neighbors). We had a good turnout with a dozen or so adults and 5 kids and another good discussion on the priesthood of the believer. After the meeting we headed home and I was clued to the tube with the game on. The Rays were playing and losing so badly that I called it a night after my shower at 10. What an ending for a never say quit bunch of guys and they did it against the first place Yankees. It was sad to see the Braves in the National league lose out after going into the bottom of the 9th with a lead only to be knocked out of the playoffs. This time of the year baseball gets exciting for me and especially if a home town team is in the playoffs. LATER

No comments: