Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Monday











This was once again a busy day with the rooster serenade at 6 a AM wake up. Actually I was awake and ready to go before they started their crowing. After my quiet time and a bowl of oatmeal with fruit I pedalled out to the rec for pickle ball. I had to cut short my play as Nancy called that she needed help in taking her dad to the doctors as he could barely walk as a result of his left knee hurting so bad. We picked them up at a little after 10 AM and got him in the car and headed to the doctor's office. We had to get a wheelchair for him to make it in to the appointment. The doctor sent us to a radiologist for an X-ray of his knee so once again we had to get a wheelchair to get him in for that appointment. Wow its hurry up and wait as there are tons of old folks waiting for all these professionals. We finally got back to their house around 2:30 and dropped them off. The doctor called later in the day to say he just had a bad sprain of the knee and it was not broken, thankfully. He lost his balance about a week ago and needed help getting back to his feet so that must have been when he twisted the knee. His legs have been so swollen as a result of the congestive heart failure and reduced kidney function and now this. At least he won't have to have surgery for his knee.

We spent the rest of the afternoon getting ready for a family dinner minus her folks. Nancy had to boil the ribs first as we didn't get them on the smoker until after 3:30 as they usually take a good 6 hours but they turned out fine with just about 2 1/2 hours of apple wood smoke and some Sonny's barbecue sauce. Amy made a splendid dish of mac and cheese and Nancy made baked beans, corn and a tossed salad along with french bread. She also had made a chocolate cake with white icing on Sunday afternoon, yikes was that ever good and I even broke down and had a piece(of course I paid for that with very limited sleep Monday night due to the caffeine and sugar, when will I ever learn). The supper was scrumptious and we then celebrated Annsley birthday as we were originally leaving for the cabin on Wednesday but that has been put on hold for now. She and Ava had a grand time playing together, opening presents, being goofy and bathing together. They are such big girls now. Sam and Gabe were cute together as well, although Gabe was a little fuzzy due to getting his yearly checkup and 3 shots. He finally crashed around 8:30 and I was thinking the same for me as I missed my afternoon nap. After the gang left I washed up the dishes and we put the house back together.

I turned on the football game after my shower and barely watched 10 minutes and was nodding off, but a couple hours later the caffeine kicked in and I was wide awake the rest of the night, Oh well. It was a fun time having the grand babies together and we are hopeful Will(Nancy's dad) will get well enough to drive again. The doctor ordered a walker as well as a handicap sticker for his car which should help with his ability to walk and get around unassisted. LATER

No comments: