Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Tuesday

Well another dry, hot day but one that allowed me to do a little yard work. After my quiet times in the morning and the wake up by the dueling roosters I had my bowl of oatmeal with fruit then pedalled out to the rec for 2 plus hours of pickle ball. We had a small crowd today so that meant few breaks but did have some good play. Afterwards I stopped off at the library and picked up a couple reads I had ordered.

I mowed the yards and fertilized as the squirrels and heavy rains have just about ruined the grass in the front yards. I had an old chainsaw that once belonged to a neighbor who passed away and the saw sat for a couple years, so I took it up to a new small engine man and he and I worked on it for nearly an hour but the saw had set up plus it wasn't the best model for retaining compression so I gave to him for parts. Anyhow after the saw shop I headed home to meet up with Amy and the kiddos. We had lunch then played until it was time for their afternoon naps and mine as well. Nancy took off to the rec for her workout and I read and napped.

I did a nice piece of Salmon on the grill for supper along with garlic pasta and baby limas, yikes was that ever good eatin'. Well we are talking about leaving Florida next Wednesday but right now that is just talk as her dad lost his balance while bending over and sat on the floor monday night. We went over to get him up as the swelling in his legs prevented him from being able to do it by himself, so its up in the air what happens about us leaving anytime soon. After supper we hooked up with neighbors Dan and Carol for a good 45 minute walk through the hood, LATER

No comments: