Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Wednesday

Well the day started out the usual with my quiet time and a lite breakfast before heading out to the rec on my bike for some pickle ball. I got in a full 2 1/2 hours of exercise with some great play with 11 other players. By 10 AM I was ready to rest. After getting home I hand watered the garden and hung a load of laundry. The day was starting to look like a fine Florida day with lots of sunshine and just enough coolness in the air to make it comfortable. Amy and Ava were coming for lunch.

Just an update on Amy as today she was in much better shape pain wise than the past several days. It seems the doctor prescribed a muscle relaxer which helped with the pain as well as a cough inhibitor. She was able to finally get some rest last night and this morning she seemed a lot better. Thanks to all who kept her in your thoughts and prayers. Ava and myself played outside after lunch with her riding her trike and playing hide and go seek. She loves that game. It was close to 3 before they left for her nap.

Tonight was our weekly house church meeting and we had a 11 adults and 3 kids plus we did dinner together. We had baked spuds with several people bringing different toppings as well as chili, con casio and Nancy made a chocolate cheese cake for dessert. Yumm!!! We discussed what our service projects with be in the next few months as well as our next course of study for the group plus we discussed the oil change for singles last Saturday. We analyzed what we could have done better and how to make the most of the opportunities afforded us to us. We all agreed to continue this project and maybe expand it to the wives of military men who are serving over seas.

Well our son Bobby is celebrating his 29 birthday today. I will never forget the day he was born and I thanked GOD that day and every day since for giving me a son. I of course thank HIM everyday for not only giving me a son and daughter but now 2 grand daughters and with a grand son on the way in the next couple days. Nancy and I have truly been blessed. LATER

No comments: