Thursday, February 4, 2010

Thursday

Well what a great ending to a beautiful day. The morning started out with the usual 6:30 wake up and cup of hot green tea as I did my quiet time before having a lite breakfast of oatmeal with cinnamon, blueberry's, banana and honey. Yikes I ate all that?? Anyhow I headed out on the bike and got to the rec around 7:30 for 2 1/2 hours of pickle ball. Thursday's are crazy with lot's of once a week players so at one time we had about 17 players. The first 45 minute was great before the general players arrived so that was a great workout. On Thursday's the gym is empty after 10 so we could stay a little longer as the exercise class doesn't use the gym until later. There were still 8 players on the courts when I left at 10:15. I headed out to the barbershop to have my ears lowered.

I headed home and hand watered the garden before Ava and Amy came for lunch. Today was french bread pizza and a salad and afterwards Ava and myself headed outside so she could ride her trike. She is so good now about keeping her trike in the middle of the sidewalk and she literally goes full steam ahead. I walked a 1/2 mile just trying to follow her up and back the sidewalk just in case she decides to detour towards the road, but she never does, so far. She occasionally gets off to pick a few flowers(weeds in bloom) for her mommy and grandma. I have to carry them back and she keeps asking if I still have them in my hand as she pedals back. A great way to spread these weeds to the already weeds growing in my front yard, but she thinks the flowers are pretty.Yesterday she spotted a birds feather laying in a yard down the street so she stops and hands it to me to keep for her but I somehow lost it in the wind and she was upset that I lost her feather.

They left around 2 so Nancy and I ran a couple errands and got back in time to chill before Pap and G/G came by to head out to the Salt Rock Grill on Indian Rocks Beach. They are having an amazing deal, early bird only on dinner entrees for ten bucks that include; sourdough bread with herb an oil for dipping, a salad with your choice of a house or Caesar, the entrees; Nancy and I each had the Mahi Mahi absolutely the best I've ever eaten plus she had orzo pasta and I had a spud loaded with mine and then we had a dessert, rice pudding that came with the meal. Great waiter service and the food was excellent. Pap had salmon croquettes with garlic smashed spuds and G/G had beef in a bed of pasta. Nancy and Pap had lobster bisque while G/G and I had a glass of fruit of the vine. Yummy, can't wait to go back and try the lamb brazed over the oak fire. We had a seat on the inter coastal and the place was jumping. We all were very pleased with the meal, even Pap as he is a tough one to please.

After eating we headed back to our place and place a double 12 game of domino's with G/G winning and Nancy a close second. Well not much else going on except Amy seems a little better since she is able to get a little rest at night. Thanks to all who kept her in your thoughts and prayers. LATER

No comments: