Monday, February 1, 2010

Monday

Well it was the start of another week and the first day of February. Sorry I missed rambling on Sunday; but other than being a nursery worker at Element nothing much else happened except a stop at Wal-Mart on the way home. I have never in my life seen such a busy place in all departments for one store. Believe me you do save money compared to any other grocery stores but you have to fight the crowds especially on Sunday after church. Anyhow we picked up a few things as we returned from Tampa and being in the area we felt it was worth fighting the crowds. I need to buy some stock in that company.

The day was grey, damp, cold and dreary so after a lite lunch around 2 PM Nancy put a pot of vegetable beef soup on to cook. The aroma quickly filled the house and by 5:30 we were really to dive in. Amy, Tyler and Ava came to eat with us and Nancy made a pan of pan de campo(a heavy bread that cowboys baked over a campfire). We used the oven instead of a campfire but with some butter and homemade black raspberry jelly, Ahhh it was delightful!! The kids stayed for an hour or so before they had to head out as Tyler leads a college group that starts at 8:30. Amy is still suffering from pleurisy(irritation of the sac that surrounds the lungs) which she contracted from the walking pneumonia. Today was a little better but she is having a difficult time getting any rest at nights. She says its very painful to cough with lots of discomfort in her shoulder and lower back area and is so pregnant which is not helping with her ability to get comfortable. I have a feeling little Samuel will be here before to much longer.

Monday morning found me heading out to the rec on the bike after my quiet time and a lite breakfast. It was cool with temps down in the low 50's but very damp and windy. It actually rained on me as I rode home after PB,but I had a plastic bag which I wore over my head on the way home; boy did I get some weird stares and car honks as I pedaled home. Not sure if it was from riding in the rain on a bike or the white bag on my head. Anyhow I stayed dry and made it home safely after 2 1/2 hours of play. We had 16 players today with a couple who hadn't been there in awhile. The rec director actually mentioned he is trying to find more gym time for the team players so we can fine tune our team play for the upcoming tournaments which start the 20th of this month. Yea, we are glad to hear that as we have to play with the general players daily and work them into the time allotted.

Ava and Amy came for lunch and we heated up the great soup from last night and once again it was as good or not better than yesterday. Ava delighted us with her play and dancing as she likes the Nutcracker Ballet music. They headed out around 2:30 for a nap so Nancy and I ran out to purchase a standing rib roast for Sunday's birthday dinner for Bobby. Our baby boy will be 29 on Wednesday.Winn Dixie had them on sale for 3.99 a pound, unbelievable price so we got a couple and had a couple steaks carved off the ends for supper tonight. Now that is good eatin,' grilled medium rare along with red spuds with the jackets on an a fresh garden salad.

Well we want to wish all our northern friends and family to "stay safe and warm". We were saddened to learn our mountain pastor lost a family member this weekend in a car accident due to the bad weather. We certainly have the Galyean Family in our thoughts an prayers. LATER.

No comments: