Thursday, February 18, 2010

Wednesday and Thursday

I must admit I'm really starting to get lax about updating my ramblings at night. So bear with me; it must be this cold weather. Wednesday was the first day back in 4 days to play a little pickle ball and boy was it great to work up a sweat on the newly refinished gym floor . The ride out to the rec at 7:20 AM after my quiet time and lite breakfast of oatmeal and a banana was a cold one especially with that cold north wind blowing. We had 3 courts going with some great early play. After PB I headed on home and hand watered the garden until lunch time. After lunch Amy and I headed out to change the title on her Civic into her name at the tax collectors office in Largo then stopped by the insurance agency to update that as well. It was nearly 4 PM when we got home.

Our house church ladies wanted to take Amy out to Olive Garden Garden for a dinner prior to her giving birth to "baby Samuel" so they took off around 6 PM and the men met around 7 PM to head out for some wings, ribs and smoked brisket at Peppers in Madeira Beach. We had delicious food and a chance to celebrate Jon's birthday. We got back around 8:30 and then settled in to watch some Olympics and American Idol.

Thursday morning was as cold a ride on the bike as yesterday as I headed to the rec for pickle ball. Once again we had a large crowd with 15 players. The first 45 minutes found us with some great play before the general players arrived. After PB I headed home to meet with a man who was going to do a wind mitigation inspection on my house. If my house qualifies(hurricane clips, gable roof, 1x8 boards supporting the shingles instead of OSB, etc.) it could be a saving of 500 bucks or more on my home owners insurance premium. I found out about this possible savings after looking for different insurance because State Farm raised my rates out of sight. When I mentioned this possible savings to my agent of nearly 30 years they also said they would recognize the finding a well. What I want to know is why my agent didn't tell me about this 3 years ago when the state of Florida instituted this inspection when hurricanes where hitting the state. I could have saved a bundled back then. I think I'm getting rid of "like a good neighbor"in Florida on both my home and vehicle plus the new estimate is 25 hundred bucks cheaper. Yikes! what happened to integrity??

After the inspector left Nancy got back from the doctor once again because of the constant pain in her neck and shoulder. It seems she has been bothered with tightness and pain for the last 4-5 weeks. I was beginning to suspect it may be as the result of the 2 main drugs she's taking; Lipitor and Cozaar. Any how one of my pickle ball buddies expressed the same pain while taking a statin drug and he seems to think Co enzyme -Q10 is being depleted from the body by the drug thus resulting in the muscle pain. So we will try that as well as some muscle relaxers and of course my twice daily massages with ultrasound treatment. Man she is really having lots of aches, pain and body changes since menopause.

After lunch I did some paint touch ups throughout the house as Ava and Amy visited G/G and Pap for lunch then we just chilled. Nancy took a good nap after my treatment and I finished a good read INTO AFRICA by Martin Dugard. Its the story of Livingstone and Stanley. Lots of interesting facts and history that occurred in the 1800's and man versus the wild. Tonight we went meatless for supper with parsley red potatoes, steamed asparagus and sliced beets. I spruced my spuds up with a little red pepper flakes, fresh dill and cilantro. Um mm!!

Well better go, its still unseasonably cold for Florida; however by Saturday the forecast is for the 70's with 40's at night before the next cold front moves through on Monday. LATER

No comments: