Saturday, February 27, 2010

Friday

Well it was another cold morning here in sunny Florida actually there was frost every where as I rode the bike to the rec after my quiet time and lite breakfast. Brr, even though the outside temp registered 40 degrees according to some car thermometer's . We had some good play with about a dozen players.

I headed home to watch Ava as Amy headed to the doctor for her weekly check up. Baby Samuel is measuring a little over 8 pounds with about 4 days to go 'til D-Day. Right now they(doctors) talking about a possible inducement on Wednesday(Grandma Nancy's birthday) if he doesn't head south by then, seems he is aligned up for the entry into our world. Maybe its to cold for him however with his Kansas heritage on Tyler's side, this is just mild Spring weather. Anyhow we are anxiously awaiting his arrival and when ever, just as long as its a safe journey for both Amy and him. Ava is just such a joy to watch and she will be a great big sister. She rode bike's, played her hide'n seek and of course I had to draw lots of pictures with sidewalk chalk. They stayed and helped up eat down that huge pot of Zuppa for lunch.

Nancy took her mother(G/G) shopping after lunch and I finished GOING ROGUE. I'm not really sure why anyone would want to put themselves and their family through the agony and excoriation she was subjected to. She, Sarah Palin is and upstanding woman, mother, Christ follower and a patriot. She succeeded as she looked out for the people she represented and was disrespected not only as an American but as a person with the unbelievably vicious attacks and tactics by those in the media and within the campaign.The book names names which I love and tells it all. I think it will change every one's (regardless of your political bias) opinion of what politics really is all about. Kudos to her. I certainly hope there are others who will continue her fight for the common ordinary people who made this country the dream of the world. Believe me when I say America is still the greatest place to live but we must be vigilant because freedom wasn't free. After traveling to many countries during my 7 years in the Air Force there is no place like the the U.S.A.
Now that I'm off my soapbox, read the book, its an attitude changer about those who want to regulate your life and life choices, its scary who we elect to be our leaders and what really is their motivating factors.

Well we headed out to use one of our Christmas gift cards at Outback. We drove G/G and Pap in their new used '08 Mercury Milan. Its a sporty small 6 cylinder with all kinds of gadgets. Reminds me of sitting in an airplane cockpit. I actually hit the wrong button and unlocked the trunk at a traffic light, of course the safety feature keep the lid down until we drove the last couple blocks home. Needless to say Pap was a real joy about that but he got over it. We had a good meal with a bloomin onion for starters. If your a AAA member your entitled to a free onion with a coupon. It a 6.25 value and was the first one we had eaten in years. Didn't seem as greasy as in the past. The steak was good and cooked perfect, medium rare; Nancy had the baby back ribs and had sauce everywhere. She looks good in everything she eats. We headed back to G/G's and played a game of Phase 10. I nearly won after being down 4 phases and Nancy only won because she has 30 less points than me. It was a fun evening and we headed home to catch up on the Olympics before bedtime. LATER

No comments: