Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Tuesday

Well the morning started around 2:30 AM when I decided to roll out of the sack to start the day. I never slept at all on Monday night despite being busy all day that started with a good workout on the pickle ball court and continued  all day with getting the house and garden ready for our being away for the next 4 or 5 months. We attended Ava's kindergarten graduation ceremony in the evening at Keswick Christian School. I loaded the truck when we got back to the house around 8:30 so all we really had to do Tuesday morning was fill the coolers with the food stuff in the freezer and fridge. We got off around 3:45 AM for the 700 mile drive.

The trip was uneventful and we made several stops about every 1 1/2 hours so I could walk for about 10 minutes since I had that blood clot a couple years back in my left leg. Really it's so much better of a drive than when I use to stop just a couple times for gas and the potty. We even stopped and had breakfast at McDonalds and then later so Nancy could have Chick fillet. I passed on lunch as I get the big breakfast of pancakes, sausage, potato cake, scrambled eggs and a biscuit, yeow I really like their breakfast and all that for less than 5 bucks. We made a Sam's club stop in Savannah for gas and some goodies we would need later at the cabin and then another grocery stop in Elkin at Wal-Mart. We pulled into the cabin right at 4 PM. We made good time and the traffic was rather lite all the way except through Charlotte.

Well neighbor Gerald had mowed us a path in the front and back yards around the many fallen tree limbs that littered the yard. I spent an hour just picking up the tree limbs. The only yikes we had were from Nancy when she spotted a few large blacks ants that were on the porches outside; I had to drop what I was doing to spray and put out poison for the ants. I got both the golf cart and riding mower started and then moved most of the porch furniture out of the shed so I could get to my mower and the rest of my tools. The water came on nicely as well as did the water heater. There were a few dead flys in the house but a good vacuuming took care of that small problem. I have a few hills of potato's up that I planted last Nov. as well as a few sunflowers in the upper garden. The Oregano came back and looked good. Tomorrow will be settings these in the ground.

Most of my seedlings looked good despite the heat when we left Florida this morning. The temp was 81 at 3:45 AM and when we arrived here around 4 PM it was 67, yeow did that ever feel great. Well it's nearly 10:30 and I just had a great shower and can barely keep my eyes open to finish this post. LATER 

No comments: