Monday, June 10, 2013

Monday Morning

Sunday turned out to be another great day weather wise until late in the evening when once more the duck weather returned and I mean in a big way with down pours throughout most of the night. We started the day with a 6:30 wake up to bright sunshine and temps in the low 60's. I headed out to check on the gardens and seedlings after cup of hot tea, this postings an a few minutes to reflect and give thanks before we got ready to head to Cornerstone Christian Fellowship for worship. Wow we were greeted with handshakes, hugs and "glad your back" all morning. There were 30 folks or so missing as they were on their way to New Jersey on a mission trip; but we were pleasantly surprised to see so many new faces there as well. The speaker was a Gideon from Grayson County, Virginia(Galax)and he had a super presentation with testimonies and videos. There were a few tears shed including us during the service. Afterwards we headed to Lowe's for a couple items then to Hawks for some vegetable and flowering plants as well as some fresh peaches.

We got back to the cabin around 1 PM so we had a chicken salad roll up then I headed out to the garden. The ground was drying nicely and I wanted to get the new seedlings in before this next front that was heading our way. I trenched two rows for the 9 sweet potato vines and then dug up 12 holes for the cabbage plants as well as hilled up 4 spots for the cucumber plants. I then weeded and loosen up around the dozen or so potato plants and fertilized them again. Nancy was busy planting some new flowering plants she bought as well. If all of my Zinnias and seeds I sowed make we should have more than enough color for the beds.

I decided to give my self a rest while riding the mower and so I mowed the yards again at what we call the normal height. The grass was so high and thick we had to cut it with a much higher setting when we got here. Nancy raked up much of the cut grass as it began to pile up. Well it started to sprinkle just as we finished so we called it a day and headed in to fix some supper. She had a pot of pintos cooking most of the afternoon and they were perfect and tasted great. I fried up the 4 trout fillets outside on the grille to a beautiful golden brown and along with a salad we feasted, yeow was that ever some good eatin'.

After the cleanup we chilled watching the tube and she on Face Book until I could barely keep my eyes open so I hit the shower. It was a little after 10 when I decided to hit the sack to the sound of the rain on the tin roof, LATER  

No comments: