Thursday, June 20, 2013

Thursday Morning

Well Wednesday turned out to be a busy day as I decided to clear out the back woods that was being taken over by Mountain Laurel, small pine seedlings, briars, Maple seedlings and an assortment of vegetation. It's been a few years since I cleared out the area up behind the cabin and with all this rain this past year or so it quickly began to grow up. I used the weed eater for some of the small stuff, a mowing scythe for some of the larger stuff and then finally cutters for the bigger stuff. I gathered a pretty good pile that now needs to be burned.

The morning started with me wide awake at 6:15 so I let Nancy sleep in and started the day with posting this ramble along with my usual cup of green tea with a little cinnamon. I don't know if I'm losing any of this belly fat as a result of that concoction but it sure does add some flavor to what is normally a boring taste. After that I did my quiet time and then had a meal replacement shake from Nutrilite for breakfast. I left some here from last year and I want to use them up before they expire. They are quite tasty and only have 140 calories but are loaded with goodies. I try to buy them when they are bogo and keep them on hand.

I headed out to the backwoods to work while Nancy did laundry. She is thrilled about how the water flows so much faster into the machine since I cleaned out that filter; what a difference that makes. Our water is so sweet and soft here in the mountains that I can't describe how good it tastes and so cold coming out of the ground. We took our hike around 10 to the top of the mountain and saw no one since Joe and Jetta are gone for a week on a vacation. We missed seeing them and Zeke on our daily walks.

We came back and I piddled until it was lunch time then I started weed eating the yards and gardens as I want to mow on Friday for the weekend. We have a gang coming for a get together of food and games. The sun was out for most of the day but there was still some moments that looked like rain. During the night it poured buckets and woke us up and this morning it's so dang foggy you can hardly see off the porch. If it stays like this we will probably head to town for some shopping, a trip to the library, etc.

Well that was about it for Wednesday as I stayed outside until nearly dark piddling around in the gardens and yards. We took a long golf cart ride after supper up to the top of the mountain and down some of the trails through the woods. It was cool with temps into the upper 60's. I picked a couple more tomato's today and have several ripening as well, LATER

Just a reminder if any of you use the Legacy of Clean(LOC) products that I distribute for Amway this month all of their LOC products are buy one get one free. We use them both here in the mountains and in Florida and when I say they are good, believe me and especially the cost is in half during this promo month. We use 1/3 of what you normally would use in a load of laundry and they are designed to be safe for the environment as well. If your interested send me an e-mail and I will put you on my preferred customer list or just go to my website an order at; www.amway.com/JNTriplett

No comments: