Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Wednesday

Wow would you believe I'm posting before 6 PM as we are heading down to Jodi and Gerald's for games after a lite supper. The morning found us with nice temp's and partly cloudy skies which eventually turned to bright shinny skies with temps in the low 80's and no humidity. After our quiet times I did a check on the gardens and found just a few slugs and a good stomp on the ground took care of them.

We or I got a couple loads of laundry on the lines before we headed out to Galax to meet up with friends from Seminole, Fl. We had lunch with the Paynes's and another couple who live in Woodlawn and also visit Seminole in the winter. After lunch we visited for an hour before heading over to Walmart to get a few supplies for jelly making and some yeast for my black berry wine makings. We were back at the cabin around 3 PM.

I put together the must and set it upstairs where it stays warm then we took off on a good long hike with Jodi and Gabriel and had a good workout. We stopped and visited with the Cline's for awhile before heading down off the top. We agreed to get together at 6:30 for cards and domino's and Nancy made a fresh wine berry cobbler from berries I picked first thing this morning. Yumm was that ever good coated with whipped cream. We headed for home around 10 PM. Tomorrow I've scheduled a pickle ball match at 5 with 3 other guys. Should be a good workout. I checked the seeds I planted on Monday and have new radishes up as well as the onion sets are sprouting green. LATER

No comments: