Friday, July 16, 2010

Friday

Well what a busy day with the temps once again getting into the middle 80's. After our quiet time Nancy fixed a plate of buckwheat cakes with a couple homegrown brown eggs thanks to Jodi for the cackleberry's. I headed out to workup the 2 oak trees I had cut down while Tyler was here last week. Did I ever work up a sweat as well, at least they are now stove length and all I have to do is split them. Around 11 Am Nancy was ready for her morning hike so I had to change clothes and get ready to walk. Was it ever hot on top of the mountain.

After the hike I finished sawing the oak trees and got ready for a nice fresh garden salad as well as finishing up the tuna noodle casserole from last night. I knew I needed to eat big as I wouldn't be eating again until after 9 PM tonight. After lunch I did a little maintenance on the chainsaw when neighbors George and Gail came by for a visit. They stayed for about an hour just before Mechelle came to pick up Nancy for their trip to Wilkesboro and the chicken auction. They left around 3:30 so I read a little and then looked for bait as I was going to go fishing after picking blackberries.

I headed over to Helen's around 5 and picked berries until around 7 PM. I picked at least a gallon or more before heading to the pond. I caught 3 really nice bass and a couple a little ones. Should be enough when we have Helen and Joe over next week for supper. I got home around 8:30 and then filleted the fish and put a couple frozen burgers on for supper. It was 9:30 before I ate and Nancy still wasn't home. Well its been a fun busy day. LATER

No comments: