Sunday, July 18, 2010

Sunday

Well the day started out with 60's and a slight overcast which quickly turned to bright blue skies for the morning hours. After our quiet time and a lite breakfast I ventured out to water the garden as the rain stayed away yet another day. We got ready and headed out to worship at Cornerstone. After church we made a local stop at the produce stand.

We headed home and had a lite lunch of bean burritos as we had leftover salsa from last nights get together. Nancy's salsa is the best yet. The skies clouded up and there was some thunder and we got a down pour for about 5 minutes then the sun came out and it sprinkled off and on all afternoon but no where nearly enough rain. Just this evening I transplanted a large marigold into the garden as it was becoming root bound. The ground was so dry I could barely dig the hole deep enough to plant it where I watered this morning around my 'mater plants, so I really gave them a soaking tonight. There is still thunder and clouds in the area but the rain for the most part is passing us by.

I found a couple tomato's that were finally starting to turn. Nancy made a zucchini(out of the garden) pie for supper and was that ever tasty. Well it was a good day all except for our Tampa Bay Ray's as the Yanks took 2 of 3 games this weekend. LATER

No comments: