Thursday, October 30, 2008

What a Beautiful Florida Day

It's hard to describe the beauty of this day in terms of weather. This morning was cool in the high 40's with bright sunshine and deep blue skies. After my quiet time and a piece of homemade apple pie with milk for breakfast I ventured out to water my garden. I had to wear a warm flannel shirt as I rode my bike to the REC. My eyes teared up a little with the rush of cool air while pedaling, but I could tell this was going to be a magnificent day.

After a couple hours of team play I finished up with 3 other players; Jersey Jim, Judy and Mitsco in a hard played 3 sets of pickle ball. Near the end of play my pardner Judy dislocated her left knee. I reflected back to an old college course in "Care of Athletic Injuries" and promptly relocated her knee joint to its proper alignment and Judy finished the set. It was great to see her back on her feet and without any ill effects. That's how hard we play this game and to top things off I had a wet shirt.

After a great lunch of a fresh salad Ava and myself played out in the back yard. Ava wanted to see our neighbors(Jim, Laurie and Kayla) Halloween display of; skeletons, goblins and ghosts and their blow up haunted house on their front lawn. Ava is so cute and wants to touch all of these creatures. If you clap your hands one of the tombstones make a talking noise and moves its mouth, now Ava is a little afraid of that one and is always telling it bye bye, but at the same time is clapping her hands trying to activate it again. So Cute!!!

The temperature reached 7o with bright sunshine and was just great for being outside. We spent the entire afternoon out side playing and just enjoying Ava. After she left for her afternoon nap Nancy started cleaning windows and screens so I helped as well. We don't get much done after our workout except play with Ava and visit with Amy until they leave for Ava's nap usually after 3 or so. I managed to finish a book about an AFT agent who captured a wanted felon in California back in the 80's and did a little hand watering in the front yard before dinner.

Nancy made oven spuds from the last of my home grown 'taters and fresh yellow squash while I grilled a couple of nice rib eye's, medium rare. YUMMM!!!!

Will close for now and of course all have heard the Ray's lost last night so the World Series is gone for this year but I caution all others teams in MLB to be vigilant for the Ray's in the future. They will be back and most of the guys are in their early 20's. Later missing our cold mountain friends.

No comments: