Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Tuesday Morning was a Record Setter for October in Florida

Wow was it a cool brisk clear morning. It was down into the low 50's and supposed to go down into the 40's tomorrow morning. That's unreal for this time of the year, but we love it. After my quiet time and a lite breakfast I actually had to put a flannel shirt on as I hand watered the garden before heading out to the REC.

There were only 2 of us for pickle ball, Doug and myself but we managed to work up a wet shirt in about an hour of hitting. I'm not sure the love of the game is still there as golf seems to take at least 2 morning a week from the group. When I get older I may take that game up but for now I love the exhilaration of chasing down a wiffle ball, while getting the blood flowing in a work out that leaves me with a wet shirt.

Riding the bike back to the house required pedaling into a strong northerly head wind. Nancy managed to get a good work out on the treadmill as well and she even walked to the REC. as well, Go Nancy!!! Amy and Ava came for lunch and we played outside until it was time for Ava to take her afternoon nap. Nancy made a great bean soup(pasta fazoule) for dinner and a fresh apple pie(from the last of Helen's apples) along with cornbread and a salad, YUMMM!!!! Amy, Tyler and Ava came for dinner as Tyler had a meeting regarding his mission trip to Costa Rica this January for a week.

Nancy has Ava in the bath as I write. She is such a cutie and is talking more every day. Well will close for now. Later

No comments: