Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Another Hot Day, Pickleball, Ava for Lunch and the Rays blast the Red Sox

Wow was it another hot and humid morning. After our quiet time and a lite breakfast of Cheerios I headed off to the gym for pickle ball. There were 4 of us and we had 2 hours of continuous play and a solid wet t-shirt(sign of a good workout). I got back home around 11:00 Am so Nancy and I headed over to Home Depot for some new shower handles, some collard seedlings, an eggplant and a parsley plant.I also picked up some more lettuce seeds, sugar peas and marigold seeds.

When we got back we had a lite lunch of leftover salmon and a fresh salad. Ava and Amy came for lunch as well. After lunch I changed out the new shower handles and then moved all my seedlings up to a larger pot in a good potting soil mixture.

I can't wait for a little drier air and lower temperatures so I can get the rest of the garden planted. Its so hot I have to hand water 3-4 times a day.While I was waiting for lunch I turned off the deep freezer and moved all the frozen things out so I could defrost it. It had been a year since I had done that chore.

Nancy made chicken fajitas for dinner and where they tasty especially since the green peppers came from Joe's garden. After dinner it cooled off enough to catch up a few outside chores so I worked out in the yard until dark and it was time to catch the Ray's on T.V. Wow what a game as I write this the score is 13-2 for the Rays in the 8th inning. Go Rays!! Well will close for now. Please keep our friend Kimberley in your prayers as she will be in the hospital in Statesville.N.C. under going a spinal tap or block to help with the nerves in her foot and ankle. Remember she is the one who was thrown from a horse back in June. The ankle has never healed correctly because of some nerve damage. Later, missing all our friends in the mountains.

No comments: