Wednesday, October 29, 2008

A Cold Morning with a Nice Warm up

WOW it was 43 degrees this morning and that is winter time for Florid. It's supposed to be cool again tomorrow but will be back in the 80's on Saturday with a low in the 60's, now that's Florida weather. I read where there was snow in the mountains of North Carolina, Virginia and West Virginia. Yikes!!! What happen to global warming???

After my quiet time and a lite breakfast I hand watered the garden and jumped on the bike for a cold ride to the Rec. We had 3 nets up for pickle ball with at least 5-6 teams. The play was fast and furious and while never getting the wet shirt completely it was a good continuous work out. Afterwards I hit the weight room for some work on the upper body, mainly the abs(flabby gut syndrome) along with some tendon exercised for the tendinitis I suffered a couple years ago.

I came back and helped Nancy with dusting all the ceiling fans, lamp shades and curtains with the vacuum cleaner attachments. I noticed my neighbor Jon had done some trimming on his huge camphor tree so I lent a hand with his chain saw and loading his trailer for a load to the dump. It was a great day for working outside.

After lunch Amy and Ava came by for a visit then took off for Target. I mowed the yard and did a little garden work. We had left over pasta fazoule for dinner along with corn bread. YUMMM!! Well we are getting ready for the completion of game 5 in the World Series hoping the Rays can bring the series back to St.Pete. Later missing all our mountain friends.

No comments: