Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Hot but not as Humid, Pickleball and Ava came for a visit






Well it was another bright sunny day with temps in the 80's but it was a lot less humid. After my quiet time and a lite breakfast I hand watered the garden then headed out to rec. center for pickle ball. Initially it was just 3 of us(Jim, Leslie and myself) so we played Canadian(2 on 1) for a couple of sets then Mitso(Japanese lady) came and we had 3 games of spirited play until 10AM.


After pickleball I worked in the garden until it was time to eat lunch. Nancy had gone to the doctor at 8:30 then had to take her mother and go to a funeral. Betsy, Nancy's sister lost her mother-in-law who was very elderly and had been suffering severely the past couple of years. Nancy got back around 1 PM and had a bite of lunch.


I worked out in the garden planting more seeds and doing a little more weeding. Amy and Ava came by around 2 PM and stayed until after 4 PM. Nancy and I had a great time outside in the back yard under the big oak tree playing with Ava.


Let me fill you in on the progress of the 1/2 runner beans I planted 5 days ago, they are up!!! I noticed this evening as I hand watered several hills were poking through the ground, also I found a couple of hills of cuke's were also poking through the ground.


After a dinner of beef -a- roni and salad Nancy got ready to head up to church for choir practice. I got ready and answered some e-mails and got ready for the debate tonight and the NLCS playoffs. Will close for now missing our mountain friends.

No comments: