Sunday, October 19, 2008

Saturday and Sunday















Saturday started out with bright sunshine and not quite as humid. After my quiet time and a lite breakfast I hand watered the garden then headed out to the rec.center to work out on the treadmill and weights. Nancy had choir practice for a musical the church is doing in November so I decided to try and work off some of this belt line fat or at least tighten up the abs. I got a good hour in on treadmill at 3 mph and 12 degree climb, burning up 400 calories or more. I rode my bike there and back.






I did a little yard work then waited for Nancy to have a lite lunch. We were having her Mom, Dad, Amy, Tyler, Ava and Aunt Betsy for a dinner of chicken enchiladas, Mexican rice, pinto beans and home made guacamole and salsa. Wow what a feed as we were celebrating grandma Everett(Nancy's mom) on her 80th birthday that occurred on the 1 st. I also open a bottle of home made wild blackberry wine I made this past summer. The meal was superb and the chocolate cream pie was a great end to a delicious meal. Amy, Tyler, Ava and myself took a walk after dinner to get ready for the Ray's vs the Red Sox. Well the Ray's let another one get away and tonight is the last game to decide who plays the Phillies in the World Series. Go Rays!!!






Sunday was an exception to the humid and hot days. It was 62 degrees this morning and very dry. It felt like a typical winter day in Florida. We turned off the A/C and open the windows and they are still open as I write this. My it would be so nice to leave them open until next April. Nancy and I went to Element Church in Brandon(suburb of Tampa) which is our son, Bobby's church. Bobby planted this church and Sunday was his 5th service. There were about 150 adults and 10-15 children there. Last Sunday Bobby baptized 6 new believers. Praise the Lord!!! It seems as though there were lots more people this Sunday over the age of 30 than we had previously seen before.






After church we met back at his house in Riverview for lunch and some special time with Annsley who was 1 year of age last Saturday. We don't get to see her as often as we would like to but enjoy those few precious hours when we do. Annsley was having so fun with her new kitchen and kept us entertained with smiles, chatter and being busy. We took a long walk around the neighbor as both she and Ava love to be outside. We headed back to Seminole around 4:30. After a lite dinner and hand watering of the garden Nancy and I are getting for the final game of this league championship. Go Rays and Bucs as they are playing tonight as well. Later.

No comments: