Monday, October 13, 2008

Pickleball, Garden Planting and Ava for Lunch






Wow was it another hot and humid morning. After our quiet time and a lite breakfast I hand watered the garden before climbing on my old trusty bike and pedaling to the Rec. Center. Its about 1/2 mile away so its a nice way to warm up. There were 9 pickleball players this morning and we had several good matches. I managed a nice wet t-shirt(thats my standard for a good work out) while playing for nearly 2 hours continuous. Nancy came by for her treadmill workout around 10 AM.


After leaving the rec. I got a load of clothes on the line and started pulling weeds again in my gardens. I moved several plants into larger pots and fed all of them with miracle grow. By now I'm soaked once again with sweat as the sun was bearing down and the temps were in the high 80's so I took the garden hose and with well water cooled off.


Ava and Amy came by for lunch so I took a few minutes to eat lunch(left over ham salad sandwiches). After lunch I was back in the garden and yard for another couple hours. I then turned over byhandwith a shovel the small garden patch between our house and a neighbor. I usually put about 25 broccoli plants in there but this year I need to rotate and plant tomato's and cuke's in there.


Well Nancy took some pictures of Ava and Phoenix, our across the street neighbor who will be 2 years of age this month. He and Ava are buddies and play rather well together. Ava went home bout 3:30 to take her nap and I once again washed off with the hose as it was still blazing outside. I then watched the pre-game for the Rays versus the Red Sox. Well what a game as the Rays won 9-1. GO RAYS!!!! In between innings Nancy fixed black beans and rice with ham. YUMMM!!!! Well will close for now missing all and especially that cool dry weather. We hope to visit with Annsley and her family next week end.

No comments: