Thursday, October 23, 2008

Wednesday on Thursday

Well the humidity is back for Wednesday as we had to shut the windows once again. Wow those couple of days last weekend were delicious; fresh dry air and clear blue skies. It almost made up for the lack of fresh mountain air we had been use to since last May. Anyhow, I reminisce often and visual the cabin with its beautiful surroundings, however it was below freezing there this morning(Thursday).

After our quiet time and hand watering the garden I took off for the REC. and to meet with my pickle ball buddies. We got a good 1 1/2 hours of play in and of course a "wet shirt"(means a good workout). After our workout Nancy and I took off for Clearwater Sam's Club. They had a great buy on a wagon for little ones so we bought Annsley Christmas present early.

Amy and Ava came by later in the afternoon as she and Ava meet Tyler for lunch in Tampa. This is a regular weekly meeting for them. Nancy fixed some of my home grown spuds for dinner, salad and I grilled pork chops with fresh rosemary. After dinner we settled in to watch the Rays lose the first game of the World Series.I almost find it unbelievable to see the Rays playing in the Series. Oh well it was a good game except for the 1 run loss. They sure had lots of opportunities to win.

This morning Nancy had to be in Clearwater at the Carlisle Imaging Center for her cat scan. We won't know the results until next Monday but Nancy hasn't suffered any more with the symptoms that caused her to seek help from an urologist. She seems to be back to normal once again but this scan should answer the questions one may have in the back of their mind as to what caused the symptoms in the first place.

We got back to the house a little after 9 AM so I headed to the REC. and sure enough there where 7 players there so I managed to get into the mix until 10:30. I finally ended with a wet shirt. After my workout I did a little garden work while Nancy went to the veggie stand for tomato's and a fresh veggie for dinner. Amy and Ava came for lunch then Ava and myself played outside until now. Grandma is making cookies for Ava while she watches a Veggie Tales movie.

Will close for now and will update tomorrow as we will be up late watching game 2 of the Series tonight. Later!!

No comments: