Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Wednesday





























Well the day started out around 7:30 and as I checked outside for the appearance of any deer I noticed lots of ground fog. After our quiet times Nancy heated up the griddle and made buckwheat pancakes with a banana in the batter along with some smoked bacon. I smothered my cakes with Amish Butter and homemade black raspberry jam. YUMMM!!!

After breakfast I noticed the fog was lifting so we got ready to head out for our hike of the day. The woods were still wet from last evening rain. We climbed to the top with out any rest stops and was greeted by bright warm sunshine. Nancy had on long pants, shirt and another long sleeve shirt. The temp was 58 when we headed out. By the time we walked along the mountain ridge she had shed the long sleeve shirt. We noticed lots of leaves on the ground from the rain of last night and the maples were starting to turn a light color.We aren't sure what that means as its too early for color, and then again maybe it means we are going to have an early cold winter.

When we got back from the hike we decided since we had a large late breakfast we would skip lunch and have an early supper as I was playing pickle ball at 5 PM. I changed out a leaky pipe under the sink, fix a dresser door in the upstairs bathroom and then strained my scuppernong must and added more sugar. All of a sudden it became overcast and started to rain. At times we had a steady downpour and lasted until about 4:30. I really thought it was going to rain out our pickle ball play.

Nancy made a great Zucchini Pie for dinner to go along with a fresh garden salad. We ate supper around 4 and was it ever a good pie with fresh home grown Zucchini's, peppers and tomato's on top.

I picked up Ted Smith and we headed to Roaring Gap to meet with John and Rick. We played for about 2 1/2 hours with each of us taking turns with different pardners. All toll we played 11 sets of doubles and Ted and I played 2 sets of singles. Great workout plus the game is so much fun. I got back to the cabin just as darkness was setting in. Nancy had wondered around outside taking a few flower pics, mushrooms and just some fun pics. Well will close for now, LATER.

No comments: