Monday, September 7, 2009

Sunday on Monday-LABOR DAY





































To all who still LABOR please continue as I need for you to pay your social security as I am now collecting it. THANK YOU ALL. I paid it for 48 years + and not one person ever Thanked me so I want to start a "grateful for those who LABOR and pay."

Sunday was such a super day which started out with our quiet times, lite breakfast of Cheerios and a banana before getting ready to head out to Cornerstone for worship. Pastor B as he refers to himself had awesome message and super music that reflected our praise and worship for CHRIST JESUS. There were 10 going to be baptized after the service in a creek the old fashion way at a beautiful setting in the mountains. One never knows when your plans will change due to different situations as I altered my plans after the service.

Friends of ours had some hay in the field that needed to be put in the barn before rain ruined it, so with a farming background I volunteered to help knowing that rain would ruin the hay. We all had worshipped earlier but knew that wet bales would rot if left in the field. I was treated to some of the best smoked ribs I have ever eaten while waiting to head down the mountain to haul hay hay. Man, Andy knows how to fix those baby backs for sure. We met up with Gerald and Kay at a beautiful piece of bottom land with 350 + square bales of hay. The bales were tight and the hay was some of the best I ever helped put up. It actually was a fun job and everyone pitched in making the afternoon a great one. Anytime!! I reminisced about all the hayfield's I had been in during my growing days as a young farmer. There were lots of laughs and stories that made the job go fast. Thanks for letting me be a part.

Meanwhile, Nancy, Mechelle and Kallie went to the creek for the baptizing while the rest of were in the hayfield. Nancy later went to the funeral home too support the family of Peggy Woody who had just lost her grandfather on Friday. On her way back she picked me up at the Daltons so we could get home and get supper ready for their gang as we were playing Sequence after eating. We had a supper of grilled dogs, baked beans, macaroni salad, sliced 'maters and 2 desserts Mechelle made from The Pioneer Woman website;Key Lime Pie and Ice Creame Sundae Pie. The eatin' was great and I think to satisfying as we(men) lost our competitive edge. The gals put a whupping on us at 7-1. Next time no hayfield and no food for at least 2 days, well maybe an hour before playing and definitely no desserts. We need to be hungry!!

It was another great day and I had no trouble falling asleep until 7:30 this morning. Not sure whats in store for the day but the day started out after our quiet times of fried brown free range eggs, smoked bacon, sliced 'maters with jalapeno's and toast smothered in Amish Butter and homemade black raspberry jam, now that's a country breakfast.
Here are a few of our church friends who were baptized yesterday at the creek.LATER

2 comments:

farmrgurl said...

Thanks again for your help! You will never know how much we appreciate it!
Yeah...blame the desserts and good supper for your butt whoopin'
M

Jerry said...

I figured out your strategy for winning; lots of hard work before hand and a full belly, plus the later the better. We will turn this train around!!!