Monday, September 14, 2009

Monday

WOW is all I can say about this beautiful late summer day. The morning started out with our quiet times and such stillness its so hard to describe. The only sound was the dew dripping from the dormer roof onto the main roof of the cabin. The sunlight streaming through the tree tops indicated the possibility of another beautiful day. I don't think the temp got over 75 all day.

I fried up a couple of brown eggs with sliced tomato's and a jalapeno pepper on the side with a couple pieces of toast covered with Amish Butter and black raspberry jam. That is just what I needed to get the engine running and it didn't stop all day until a little after 6 this evening when I got home from mowing Ray's yard. We slowed for about 10 minutes around 1 PM to eat a couple sliced 'maters and cukes with a few chips and crackers.

After breakfast I worked in the upper garden taking out the sugar pea vines and stakes as well spading and turning over a major portion of the patch so I could transplant some mustard green and lettuce seedlings.I then moved up some other Romaine Lettuce seedling into pots for transplanting later.Nancy decided she was ready to take her daily hike. It was just another perfect day for hiking. Temps maybe in the high 60's with just a breath of air moving the leaves. We stopped and visited with Norm as I carried a couple empty egg carton back to him so he could reload them with free range brown eggs at 2 bucks a dozen. Several of these eggs looked like they could be double yokes.

After we got back I cranked up the weed eater and did the whole yard. After about an hour and a half of edging I was ready to mow the front and back yards. Man do I love that riding mower. It was around 4:30 when I finished, according to Nancy and headed over to do Ray's yard. I got back around 6 which surprised me as I had no idea what the time was. Nancy had supper ready and then I realized I was hungry. She had made a small casserole for us when she made the large one for the fish fry on Saturday. The potato casserole was perfect with fried smoked ham and green beans from the garden.

Speaking of the garden a couple deer got in there either Saturday or Sunday night. Not sure which day as I noticed the hoof prints there this morning. They didn't eat much maybe a few beans and vines but I noticed that at least 2 different deer visited the garden. That was the first time this year. I consider myself lucky compared to last year when they devoured everything a couple times. I think they needed some green veggies to go with the corn and apples neighbor, Gerald placed out in the woods for them this weekend. I hope he gets a couple this year, Mmmm deer sausage.

After supper I burned a couple days of trash and by 7:45 it was starting to get dark. Yikes summer is quickly leaving us as next week is the first day of Fall. LATER

No comments: