Thursday, September 10, 2009

Thursday

Well what a wet day and its still raining as I write this post. The rain let up a little around 2PM which allowed me to ride the golf cart out to the mailbox. It was one of those days that after our quiet times we spent the day on the Internet or watching the U.S.Open. The most exciting thing for the morning was the omelet Nancy made using brown free range eggs, fresh onions, peppers and tomato's. Yikes was that ever good eatin' for breakfast.

Around 4 PM the rain let up enough for us to get our daily hike to the top of the mountain. Wow was that ever good to get out of the cabin. We saw no one else out taking advantage of the break in the rain. I believe we must have had 3-4 inches of rain in the past 24 hours. I did get to watch some good tennis and a foreign film with sub titles called Vagabond. It was kind of depressing.

Nancy made a one dish supper using up some leftover cooked macaroni with fresh garden grown; green peppers, onions, garlic, tomato's, oregano, basil, parsley and chopped chicken apple brat's topped with Parmesan cheese. I added a chopped fresh jalapeno pepper to mine. A fresh garden grown salad with 5 kinds of lettuce, cucumber and tomato topped off supper.The dish kind of reminded me of beef-a-roni with a tomato sauce.

Well hopefully tomorrow we will see the sun. That reminds me that the St.Pete Times newspaper use to give away the next day's paper for free if the sun didn't shine during the whole day. Well that's what happened here, today. Tomorrow we are off to Galax for some shopping and then on Saturday I've been asked to MC the annual 4 H Horse in Sparta. Yeow that will be a first for me but should be fun. Well will go as its half time with the Titans and Steelers tied at 7. Its a good game much better than I anticipated on the Titans part. LATER

No comments: