Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Wednesday

Well it was a cool one this AM with temps right around the 50 degree mark. The sun was shining and that made for a beautiful morning. After our quiet times I fried up a couple brown eggs, sliced a tomato, heated up a leftover biscuit and smothered it with Amish butter and black raspberry jam.

After breakfast I did a quick look around with the gardens and then added syrupy sugar water and yeast to my muscadine must.It smells just like the scuppernong wine you buy in the store. Well we headed out for our morning walk to the top of the mountain. Nancy had on a sweat shirt and long pants when we headed out. The temp was just right for hiking.When we got back a little after noon I heated up a little of the leftover cream chicken over a biscuit. YUMM was that ever good.

I headed out with the chainsaw, sledge hammer and  wedges once again.I had about 8 large chunks that needed splitting. Afterwards I decided to dig out the stump. Well that was a bigger bite than I had expected. I had dug out a small stump earlier and had good results but this was a little more than I anticipated. I finally got out the drill and drilled several holes all around the stump hoping this will speed up decay.

Nancy was fixing a dinner she saw on The Pioneer Woman website called baked lemon pasta. It was very tasty and complimented the Mahi Mahi we had along with it. YUMMM!!! I think this dish will become one of our fav's. After eating I headed out to help deliver the last of the split wood to Ray's wood house as well as some tomato's for our many neighbors. I took a bag to Ray and Audine's , Pam and Nub's and Tim and Dewayna. After stacking the last of the wood we decided to take another walk up to the top.It was really starting to cool off and was down in the 50's when we got back to the cabin. The day is slowing fading away and what a beautiful day it was. Its just after 8 and already starting to really get dark.Well tomorrow I think we are going to try the New River Trail once again on our mountain bikes. LATER

No comments: