Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Tuesday












Well it was the same old rain and fog this morning when we awaken; but as the day wore on the sun began to shine the clouds went away and the day was fast becoming one of the days you look forward to. Wow did it ever turn out nice. Now with a few more days like this we will quickly forget the rain, fog and overcast skies since last Tuesday. We have had over 5 inches of rain this past week. Well after our quiet time and a lite breakfast I headed out to check the gardens and yard.
I warmed up the weed whacker and started to edge the yards, around the trees and gardens. It took me about an hour and a half. Nancy was ready for our hike so we headed out. We made it all the way to the top with just one slow down stop. There were still a few clouds around but by the time we got back the sun was in full bloom. Gorgeous!! We had a few leftover pinto beans and salsa so I chowed down on them, plus I knew I would need the extra boost as I had a 5 PM pickle ball singles match. After lunch I climbed on the riding mower and spent the next couple hours mowing. Man is that so much easier than using a push mower. I almost feel quilty sitting in the sun's warmth mowing my yard. Well I finished about 4 PM then just chilled until it was time to head out. While mowing I thought I had run over a hoppy toad but it was this gigantic spider. Check out the picture. Sorry all you arachnoid lovers but it is demised with the shovel. It was a big sucker.

Well I had a total wet shirt from my pickle ball match. We played 7 sets and I came out on top all but 2 sets. This guy is a good player of course he is an excellent tennis player so that makes learning to play pickle ball that much easier. He has his own tennis court. Well I got back home around 7:30 just before dark. Nancy had a meat loaf, baked potato and mustard greens ready to eat. Hummm Good!! Well will close for now, check out Nancy's pics. LATER

No comments: