Thursday, September 17, 2009

Thursday
















Wow has it ever been a rainy and foggy day. The closest it came to stop raining was for about and hour when it just drizzled. I went off the porch once during that drizzle to take a couple pictures of the cabin so you could see what we have looked at all day. After our quiet times this morning Nancy made her famous buckwheat pancakes with a banana and blueberries in the batter. Man was that good eatin' especially with a couple fried brown eggs on top. The rest of the morning was spent on the computer for Nancy and I spent a couple hours in the basement cleaning up my work bench and sweeping the floor.

We decided around 1 PM to finish the left over soup from last night. There was just enough for a bowl each. Man did that ever go with the damp overcast day outside. After lunch I vacuumed the upstairs and talked Nancy into heading down to the basement where we hit the pickle ball back and forth for about a 1/2 hour. At least we got the respiration's up several time by bending over chasing the ball around. Nancy quickly bored with this effort to exercise. I made several trips up and down the stairs for some exercise.

I spent the next couple hours reading and waiting for the rain to let up so I could go outside and play, actually I just wanted to take a hike, but no the rain never stopped. Around 5:30 we decided to get supper ready so Nancy oven fried some chicken thighs, boiled up some macaroni and added milk and butter and sauteed some garden fresh yellow squash with onions and olive oil. That is a tasty dish. I had a garden salad as well. Nancy cooked so I cleaned up the kitchen while she played on Face Book. We sat around hoping for a let up on the wet weather but it remained foggy and wet.
I started watching Miami beating Georgia Tech when the new season for Survivor came on; so I was through with foot ball now that she has the channel changer. They have a real character on the yellow team named Russell.
Well its off to Galax, Va in the early hours for a 9:30 doctors appointment for Nancy then to Wal-Mart. Exciting day lined up don't ya think. This type of weather is the only draw back about living in the woods. It's not safe to be on the roads because of the heavy fog and rain so if there is no really need to be out its best to stay home. Cabin fever is real. Here are a few pics I took when the rain let up enough to venture outside. I posted them on Face Book as well. LATER

No comments: