Monday, September 22, 2008

Just an Outstanding Day Weather Wise, Dug Spuds and Anniversary Dinner






The day was just nothing short of fantastic. Low 70's and High 40's with bright blue clear skies. After our wake up call from Bobby around 8 AM we stayed up for the day. We had a great quiet time and then ate breakfast with home canned pear preserves(made by Helen)on my pancakes. YUMMM!!




I picked beans after breakfast, watered by hand the new grass seeds and did some mundane garden chores. Nancy and I hung a load of wash outside on the clothesline and then took along hike to the top of the mountain. We stopped and talked with Lee Cahoon, she and her husband bought the old Lundquist place a couple years ago. They also have a home in Colorado. On our way back to the cabin we stopped and visited with Audiene and Ray. She has a new pink cast on her left leg. While she is on the road to recovery she will be layed up for some weeks to come. She is already weaning herself off pain pills.




After a light lunch(fruit for me) I starting digging my spuds. I got about 20 pounds from about 15 hills. There was lots of little ones so that tells me I need to fertilize more next year and more during the growing season. I then gathered about 8 trash cans of leaves and dumped them in the garden to be mulched with my lawn mower.




We decided since we were gone so much the past 3-4 days we would celebrate with a marinated flank steak, scalloped potatoes, mustard greens and a salad. Yummm! Wow can she cook and some how I can watch a piece of meat on the grill. What a duo we are!!




After dinner we took another hike up the steep side road to the back road. We momentarily ran into Anne and walked aways with her. We saw 5 large deer while walking. Andy and Gerald these guys are just waiting for you all!!!




Well darkness comes so quick now and it won't be long before DST will be gone as well. I don't like it dark at 5:30. Will close for now thanking all who have been apart of our 29 years together. We can hardly believe how quickly those years have gone by; but we look forward to each and everyday and for the hopefully many more to come. GOD has truly blessed us in so many ways and especially with our son, Bobby and daughter, Amy and their families and most of all with our precious grand daughter's Ava and Annsley.


Enclosed are a few more pics from Saturday!!!

1 comment:

farmrgurl said...

Happy Anniversary! May God continue to bless your marriage for at least 29 more!
The Dalton Gang <><