Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Wednesday




The morning started out with a temperature of 45 degrees, no wind and bright sunshine streaming through the trees. After our quiet times we had a lite breakfast of oatmeal with a banana. I guess its back oatmeal and cereal for awhile as we both have put on a couple pounds with all these great eats; pancakes, bacon, eggs, real Amish butter and fried 'taters for breakfast. Man do they ever taste good, though.


I spent the first early morning hour waterproofing the side deck which is exposed to the elements year round. I used a bean sprayer and soaked the deck. Afterwards I got the weed whacker gassed up and then edged around the trees, driveway and yards. By then I was also warmed as the morning was starting to heat up and by the afternoon we had nearly reached 75. Wow,what a beautiful day. I stopped long enough to eat a bowl of leftover bean soup. Nancy was getting ready to head to Sparta as she had an appointment at 1:45. I got out the riding mower for probably the last mowing for this year. The grass had grown plenty in the past couple days with all the rain from last week and the warm temperatures the past couple days. It really looks good with all the leaves gone, mowed, and edged; hopefully it will continue to look good for the house guests which are coming next week.


Nancy got home around 3 so we headed up the mountain for a good long hike. We visited with Fred and Brenda, Norman, Joe and Jetta as we completed the circle before heading back down to the cabin. It was nearly 5 PM. I pulled 4 nice beets from the garden to go along with a salmon fillet I grilled and a fresh garden salad. Notice there was no rice, bread or potatoes eaten today. Tomorrow that will change as we have been invited out for a cookout with our friends the Crouse's. I'm sure we will eat bread, potatoes plus dessert. Oh well I did good for one day.


Well not much else going on for now, LATER.

No comments: