Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Monday and Tuesday on Tuesday





































Monday was a busy day with the alarm going off at 7 AM. I didn't sleep all that well as the A/C ran all night. I'm not use to that noise plus the ceiling fan was on as well. I sure have got use to the quietness in the mountains plus its down right stifling HOT. Anyhow after a slice of pumpkin nut bread G/G gave us on Sunday I jumped on the bike and rode to the Rec for pickle ball. I think I mentioned we had good fast and furious play and I'm sure glad we were inside in the gym with A/C.

I then work outside in the yard; mowing the back yard, trimming hedges,pulling weeds and sweeping porches. I tried to stay in the shade as much as possible, finally around 3 PM it was just to hot so I spent the rest of the day inside playing with Ava and helping Nancy get ready for the houseful of family for supper later. Ava left around 3:30 for her nap so I laid down as well for about a half hour.

Family started arriving around 5 PM so we broke out the home made blackberry and peach wine. Wow I was surprised as well as everyone else was of how down right good it tasted. The peach wasn't too sweet and had a little smokey flavor as well. The blackberry was superb and has to be our favorite. This is my second year of making a little wine; and its fun to share with friends and family. The roasting chickens were taking forever to get done so it was nearly 6:30 before we ate. What a delicious meal of; roast chickens, smashed spuds with real chicken gravy, home grown beans, corn and salad with Greek dressing and rolls. Nancy had to go back out to the store for blackberries as the frozen cherries we brought home from the mountains didn't look all that good. Getting the cobbler baked before putting the chickens in the oven made us about an hour late in eating but oh well everything was very good. I passed on the cobbler and ice cream,but it sure looked yummy.

We sat around and watched the girls(Ava and Annsley)play and watched a little football until nearly 10 PM. Where did the time go??? I think we are having another family dinner minus Bob and his girls on Thursday night to celebrate G/G's birthday and then on Saturday night we are off to Tampa to the park for an afternoon picnic/birthday party then Bob is grilling for the family for dinner later. We will be big as horses by the time we get back to mountain hiking. Oh well I sure miss the cold air as its so Hot and Humid here. I say to myself; how did I ever wear that uniform in this heat for 30 years?

Once again the alarm buzzed me at 7 AM and I rolled back over for another 9 minutes before getting out and getting ready for the ride to the rec. We had 4 players initially with 3 very good sets of fast and furious play before another 4 players showed up. We had some great play with lots of wet t-shirts.A new guys guy showed up for the first time who was a racket/paddle ball players and he did quite well after a couple games.
Nancy came to the rec. around 9:30 for her 30 minutes on the treadmill and then we headed out to Sam's to pick up a few things and to gas up. Wow the gas is so much higher in Florida as we payed $2.11 in S. Carolina and today it was $2.26. Oh well!!!
Tonight we have been invited over to neighbors and friends, Dan and Carol for dinner. It looks as if the only night at home this week is tomorrow and I have been invited out to a luncheon with all my pickle ball friends at Jersey Jim's condo on the beach. I think its to hot to even go in the water. Well will close for now and enclose a few pics from last nights dinner. LATER

No comments: