Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Wednesday




















































Wow is all I can say about the good food my pickle ball friends put together today for a luncheon. After shutting the alarm off at 7 AM I got ready to head out on the bike for some PB play at the rec. We once again had 2 new players(to me) both gals; Pattie turned out to be an exceptionally good player while Nancy is just in the beginner class. This new blood along with the new additions of Pete & Mike should make for fun play this winter on the courts.We had 2 good hours with lots of wet t-shirts. Man this is great exercise as well as tons of fun.

Mitso brought her Japanese specialty yaksoba; Ric made Italian sausages with onions and peppers; Nancy made burgers & dogs; Pattie brought a layered salad; and I brought a bottle of homemade blackberry wine. Many passed on the wine tasting as they aren't imbibers but those who did partake, loved it. Several others brought all kinds of goodies as well but I wasn't aware of what they brought so if I left you out, I apologize. Many thanks to Jersey Jim for opening up his second floor condo right on the beach. Yikes, what a beautiful setting. Can't wait until we can do this again. The friendship's developed from this crazy named sport is awesome. Thanks so much for allowing me to be a part of you guys.

Last nights dinner with our neighbors and friends was tasty as well. We sat around afterwards and caught up on all that's been happenings since we left in May; good food and friendship as well. Tonight we are heading back to their abode for a church house, small group get together about how to Fireproof Your Marriage. This is a series started from the movie FIREPROOF. Anyone is welcome plus bring your kiddies, we have babysitting.

We just checked the weather for the mountains next week and its going to be in the 30's on Monday, Yeow am I looking forward to that. This heat is stifling and I won't miss it for a second. I can always warm up but its so bad you don't want to go outside, oh well.

Enclosed are a few pics from our luncheon and most are PB players with the exception of just a couple. LATER.

No comments: