Friday, October 9, 2009

Thursday and Friday Morning














































Well first let me say its "really HOT and HUMID here." I'm really looking forward to next weeks cooler weather like in the 30's in the mountain. I know I will complain that's its to darn cold but hey, who is really ever completely satisfied with the weather. Anyhow I mean we are setting heat records here in Florida and its nearly the middle of the month in October.


After pickle ball yesterday Ava and Amy came for lunch and to spend the afternoon. Ava and I built tents with blankets and she watched the movie "Ratatouille" while playing with wonder pets. Wow is she a little busy body with a vocabulary that just amazes me. Her retention level is shocking. We mentioned a friends name who she hasn't seen since July in the mountains and she remembered her dog was playing with a toy monkey. Oh well she must get that from my side of the family.

Nancy's folks; G/G and Pap came for her birthday dinner of Mexican enchiladas, rice and beans as well as salsa and chips. Amy made a super delicious carrot cake for dessert. That has to be one of my many favorite meals. We sat around after eating and watched the Dodgers come from behind to beat the Cardinals in the bottom of the 9th inninng.
This morning(Friday) found me with a flat tire on my bike so I took the truck and Nancy walked to the rec. then I walked home so she could drive home. I had 2 solid hours of play with 11 players. Lots of wet t-shirts. When I got home I worked in the garden pulling weeds and when I finished my shirt was completely soaking wet. I took the flat tire off my bike and found that my tire patch kit was out of glue. Oh well. I hung a couple loads of clothes on the line. Well I had a lite lunch of leftover salsa and Mexican rice. Yummm!!!
I will enclose a few pic's from our house church on Wednesday night and of G/G's birthday dinner. I had a great week of PB play with all my friends in Seminole. With all the new players we should have great winter play this year. Nancy and I will be heading back to the mountains on Sunday for exactly one month or if the weather gets to cold maybe we will return sooner. Tonight we are babysitting as Amy and Tyler will have a night out. Tomorrow we travel to Tampa to celebrate our youngest grand daughter, Annsley's second birthday with a party in the park then a family dinner at Bob's place.LATER.

No comments: