Thursday, October 29, 2009

Thursday

Well the morning started out with 45 degree temp's with a heavy dew; but the sun was shining through the tree tops and there was lots of birds singing, I thought they all went south. Oh well!! After a lite breakfast of oatmeal and a banana I got a load of laundry on the line and checked on all my new seedlings I'm taken to Florida next week. Looks like I will have a few 'mater plants and a few others ready to put in the ground once I get back south to warmer temp's.

We headed out to Galax, Va around 10:30 to do little shopping. This will probably be our last time to visit this city until next May. We love Galax. After stopping to get my ears lowered we headed to the famous WalMart for groceries and lunch at Subway inside WalMart. We then filled up with gas which is about 15 cents a gallon cheaper than Sparta, N.C. We then stopped and picked up buckwheat pancake mix and finally another tank of propane to heat the cabin. It could get a little nippy this week end.

We got back around 1:30 and the day was beautiful with temps nearly 62 degrees. We headed off to the top of the mountain for a hike. We ran into our dear friends John and Shirley and visited with them. Afterwards we stopped by Norman's and picked up a dozen of brown free range chicken eggs before Nancy got cold. We decided to head on back down the mountain. There were high clouds which kind of caused the warm sunshine to suddenly turn cold especially with the breeze. I headed on down to the lower garden and began to turn the earth over with a shovel. I shoveled about 2/3 of the garden in a couple hours and lack just a little to being complete. Man did that ever feel good. I quit about 5 PM and got ready to grill some frozen burgers. Nancy made a super salad and put some tater tots in the oven. While the burgers were cooking I managed to get a short message on the phone to my ole' friend Walt. Seems we both have been to busy for another get together.

Well we are getting ready for a visit from my Dad, younger sister Dee an husband this week end. Actually they will be here just one night and leave after church on Sunday to have lunch with their daughter, Kelly at Radford College in Virginia. I will be good to see them as its been a couple years since we last saw Uncle Mike and nearly a year since we've seen Dad and his friend Adeline.

Well will close for now, LATER

No comments: