Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Tuesday
















Gosh it was just beautiful today after a chilly start. We slept in until after 8:30 so we missed the frost and chilly 27 degree temp at 5:30 according to our neighbor. When we first went outside it was after 9 AM so it was 42 by then. After our quiet times and a breakfast of fried spuds with a couple over easy eggs on top and a chopped up jalapeno I was ready to battle with leaves once again.

I raked for a couple hours packing several extra large trash cans with leaves. I then took my push mower and mowed over the leaves which helped to break them down so decay would occur more quickly. I then removed all of my bean poles and stored them in a dry place for next springs planting. Nancy, meanwhile hung a load of laundry before setting out on a morning hike to the top of the mountain by herself. I was busy with garden and yard work and I knew I was getting plenty of physical activity so I passed today on the hike.

I sprayed the deck with bleach to remove any mildew as tomorrow I want to waterproof it for winter. The next 2 days are supposed be dry with no rain so that sounds like a good day for that job. We headed over to Mt. mom's for supper along with brother Joe. That was some good eatin' as she fixed a beef roast, mashed potatoes, mustard greens, pinto beans and cornbread and to top that off with a coconut custard pie. Excellent!! I'm really getting a tummy on me and now you know why.

We headed home just at dusk and the deer were already on the prowl. Well we just got a call from Bobby's land lord at the warehouse and he and his wife will be in the Raleigh area the first of next week and want to visit the Sparta area on Monday and Tuesday. So we will be having house guests the first of next week. I sure hope the weather holds for their visit. Enclosed are a few pictures Nancy took on her hike and while playing in the leaves. LATER.





No comments: