Sunday, October 18, 2009

Cool Saturday on a Cold Sunday Morning




Well Saturday was an overcast, grey skies morning but no rain except for an occasional snow shower. Actually it was more like a light sleet, just little balls of frozen white water. There was a slight breeze which made it feel colder than the 36 degrees. The once beautiful leaves were fast losing their appeal and falling to the ground where I spent 5 hours through out the day raking.

After a delicious breakfast of buckwheat cakes and bacon and of course a few minutes with the Creator during my quiet time; I bundled up and ventured out with the rake. I was starved for activity after being cooped up in the cabin due to all the wet weather the past few days. The leaves were plastered to the new grass in the out back yard(newly cleared) so I wanted to help with giving it some breathing room as well as get my gardens ready for next years Spring planting. Leaves are an excellent mulch or compost and my fishin' worms love them as they decay. Nancy finally ventured from the cabin long enough to go for a hike. Well we decided since we hadn't been to the mailbox in 2 days that would be a good 2 mile walk. She was bundled up including a head wrap that would have made the Eskimos proud.

We received a sweet Thank You note from grand daughter Annsley(of course Jill did the writing as she is just 2) with cute photos included from her second birthday bash in Tampa. Wow was that ever a fun time. We could use a little of that HOT weather here and to think that was just a week ago. Anyhow the cabin stayed warm and snug as Nancy prepared for this evening get together with the original Sequence players; Kimberly, Audine, Ray and Eddie. There was once again to much good eatin's as usual and as usual once again the gals whupped us. I can't figure out how they get all the Jack's all the time. I went 4 games before I saw the first Jack in my hand. Oh well somehow I sense there is a little skulduggery going on; just haven't as of yet been able to put my finger on it. Kimberly was hurting from just getting out of the hospital for a nerve block this very morning so she was ready to call it an evening by 9:30.




The temperature had dropped down in the high 30's by the time they headed out for home and the wind was starting to really kick up. We closed all the blinds to help hold the heat in during the night and after our showers I watched a little sports while Nancy surfed Face Book. All that raking left me with tired muscles and a slight wind burn to the face. During the night I could hear branches, leaves and chairs rocking on the porch and deck from the high wind. This morning Sunday I checked the back porch and it was right on 32. With the wind it felt like 23 according to Ray's Weather.com. YIKES it's never this cold in Florida. Maybe we should re-think how long we want to stay here if its going to be this cold this early.




Well we are getting ready to head out for worship at Cornerstone and I think we have our house church(small group) meeting later this evening at Mechelle and Andy's hacienda. She will probably want to play Sequence afterwards and beat up on us guys, again. My ole' saying is"as long as she is beating on me she's leaving someone else alone." Oh well so much for pain and suffering. I write this with numb fingers, LATER

1 comment:

farmrgurl said...

hehe! You got that right Trip!