Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Tuesday on Wednesday

Well Tuesday turned out to be one of those days that you seldom get in sunny Florida. After my quiet time and a lite breakfast I rode my bike to the REC. I got in 2 good hours of pickle ball before Nancy and I decided to go vote together then go Sam's Club for the goodies for Thursday nights dinner. We picked up all the shopping necessary for Wednesday fellowship meal at church as this will be her first week back since we left for the mountains in May and for our family dinner of smoked ribs.

Amy and Ava came by and we had lunch together but the sun never came out at all during the day and it was cool(60's) with almost a little mist at times. We stayed inside and played with Ava until it was time for her nap. I piddled around in the garden for a little while and read for an hour or so but by 5:30 it was starting to get dark so we had dinner and then just watched the news.

Today Wednesday we awakened to find the democrats had swept the board so hopefully they will quit blaming everyone but themselves for a"do nothing congress" of the past 2 years. We will just have to wait and see what happens. Anyhow there's not much we can do except PRAY for our nation.

I got in 2 hours of pickle ball this morning after my quiet time and lite breakfast. Nancy was cooking at church so I made a lite lunch then sanded the kitchen table and applied 2 coats of polyurethane. Then I staked my tomato's which are blooming, transplanted some marigolds and got my sugar pea area ready for transplanting the new seedlings that are up. I will leave here at 4 PM and head to the church where we will serve about 50 people for dinner(that's small as we sometimes serve up to 80). I'm the chief dish washer and gopher!!! We usually get out by 6:30 or so. Well will talk at you on Thursday. Looking forward to our big dinner tomorrow and a visit from Nancy's folks, Bob's family as well as Amy's family. So it will be great as both grand girls will be here. LATER!!!

No comments: