Saturday, November 15, 2008

Saturday Began as Another Hot and Muggy Day

Summer is back as I wondered outside this morning after nearly 2 weeks of beautiful fall like weather. Fortunately there were rainclouds on the horizon and wow did it ever rain for about a 1/2 hour. After our quiet time Nancy mixed up a batch of buckwheat pancakes and were they ever yummy. With a couple of over easy eggs on top of them with a scoop of homemade blackberry jam on the side I had a feast.

After the rain I checked the garden for squirrel damage and found no major holes. I then pulled the suckers off the tomato plants that have begun setting green fruit. I hoed a little and then fed all the plants I'm growing in black plastic pots. This something I'm trying different so as to keep the nematodes(root knot) from sucking the life from the plants. My radishes will be ready to eat in a week as well as the collards and mustard greens.

I spent a couple hours on the computer as I now have a Facebook page; transferring some pics, writing and reading whats been written on my wall. A friend of ours says, Facebook is addicting and I can see why, yet it is a way to find and keep up with acquaintances. After a lite lunch I watched a little football, read and just laid around as it was very hot and muggy. It sure is lonely around here in the afternoon without Amy and Ava.

We had to be at the church for rehearsal for a musical at 5 PM. Nancy made a cheesecake with a raspberry topping. Jerry and Stacy made pulled barbecue pork sandwiches and several others made homemade dishes. We finally got out about 7 PM after cleaning up the kitchen.It was a fun time for all and Ava was once again the center of attention as she smiled and waved to all. Tomorrow will be a church day in Seminole. We began to notice the air is starting to become drier and the temps have dropped as the sun began setting. Missing all our family and especially Annsley as its been over a week since we've seen her. LATER!

No comments: