Monday, November 17, 2008

Sunday on Monday

The front that came through on Saturday with a little rain and breezy conditions also dropped the temperature. YEA!! It's sure nice to once again turned the a/c off and actually close windows because of the coolness in the air. The musical at church was good considering every thing was can(dvd) music. Sure miss those days where everything was live.

A group of us met at Carmelitas Restaurant for lunch. It use to be one would have to wait to get a seat there but with the economy as it is;the place was nearly empty. They are a bit pricey for beans and rice(Mexican cuisine) but we all had a good time and Ava entertained us with her eating habits. We got back to watch the Bucs come from behind again to beat the Vikings. GO BUCS!!! At 6 PM we went to our first house church for Element at our neighbor and good friends house, The Perry's. There were 6 of us but with many prospects identified. So this will an every other week occurrence and a weekly meeting at the Gathering in Tampa. Hopefully we will be able to reach our neighborhoods by doing some service projects; thus creating relationships and maybe help to change some lives for Christ. WOW!!! What a thought to think you maybe your responsible for helping to change a life. AWESOME!!!

This morning was cold by some standards but we call it a N.C. Carolina Morning. At 7 AM it was 54 degrees with bright skies. I rode my bike to the REC. after my quiet time and a breakfast bar for breakfast. No squirell damage overnight.There were 12 players today. Of course some of us got in a good 1/2 hour play play before the majority arrived , but the play was hard and a wet shirt was evident for a few of us die hards. This game is addicting!!!

Amy and Ava came for lunch and we had the left over Zuppa with bread. It was wonderful. I actually believe I could eat that soup a couple time a week, its that good. The girls took off for Target and I climbed aboard the bike and found a barber to lower my ears. This barber takes 10 minutes and does a lousy job compared to Kermit my N.C. barber who takes at least 30-45 minutes; Nancy loves his work(me).

I'm reading a very interesting non-fiction book called "The Man who Killed Shakespeare" by Ken Hodgson. Shakespeare is a mining town back in the depression days in New Mexico. Its a very good read.

The air is cool in the shade.I picked a few mustard green leaves to be added to the salad for dinner. Nancy is making meat loaf, yellow squash casserole and salad. I must watch my weight so there will be no starches tonight.

Our son Bobby, wife Jill and daughter Annsley will be celebrating 5 years together of marital bliss on the 22nd. Wow does time fly!!! Will close for now and I know I need to take some photos. Love to all; missing family and friends. LATER!!

No comments: